My web site is devoted to medical and treatment information about this rare cancer. My blog is devoted to sharing what has been the more difficult part of the journey for me, the emotional and spiritual road I've traveled as a rare cancer survivor.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Podcasts: The Human Side of Cancer

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted here!  School is keeping me very busy.

I wanted to make all of you aware of a great podcast series being offered by CR Magazine.   The podcasts feature Dr. Jimmie Holland, a psychiatrist who works at Memorial Sloan Kettering helping cancer patients deal with the emotional issues surrounding a cancer diagnosis and treatment.  She wrote a wonderful book I read shortly after my diagnosis, "The Human Side of Cancer: Living with Hope, Coping with Uncertainty".

The  podcasts series is available here: The Human Side of Cancer.  I especially liked the second podcast re: cancer myths...and there are many of them (such as we have to have a positive attitude to beat cancer).  Two of the podcasts are already available, the rest of the series will be published by Friday. They are well worth your time!

No comments: