My web site is devoted to medical and treatment information about this rare cancer. My blog is devoted to sharing what has been the more difficult part of the journey for me, the emotional and spiritual road I've traveled as a rare cancer survivor.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Newspaper Article!!

I was honored to be interviewed by a large local newspaper, they published the article today, you can read it here Knowledge is Power .  It was on the front page of the paper!  Hopefully it will help more people become aware of our disease.

Cool thing, after the paper came out I received a call from our Cancer Resource Center.  It is affiliated with a research center working with clinical trials, but offers support groups and counseling to those struggling with a cancer diagnosis.  Years ago, after my diagnosis, I joined a support group there for a short while. They have now asked if I would be willing to come speak to their patients who are so desperately in need of hope.  I'll be thrilled to do that!!

1 comment:

Troy said...

Hi Carolyn -- Great to see your story in the Times. I'm so happy to see that your passion and efforts to help others are being acknowledged. Good work and best of luck. I have moved on from my firm to Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where I am working in-house.

Troy Barron
tbarron@nmh.org