My web site is devoted to medical and treatment information about this rare cancer. My blog is devoted to sharing what has been the more difficult part of the journey for me, the emotional and spiritual road I've traveled as a rare cancer survivor.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Car Loan

I am still so ecstatic about making the 6 year mark. I didn't feel this way at 5 years. Maybe I was afraid I'd jinx myself if I got too excited at 5 years? But maybe now it's okay to let myself feel more comfortable, to feel that maybe I really DID make it. Maybe I can even consider contemplating the "cure" word.

Just trivia. I remember thinking a little over 5 years ago that I was committing fraud. I'd been diagnosed with the cancer. I'd been gently told I was not likely to live a whole lot longer. But we needed a new car. I kind of thought that before long I might accumulate enough medical debt that no one would be interested in loaning us money. So, before I went for the big surgery, we purchased a new vehicle. We signed the loan papers committing to make the payments for 5 years. As I signed the papers I remembered feeling very dishonest. The term of the loan was longer than my life expectancy.

I remember making the final payment on that loan. It was so great to write that check.

No comments: